Gelatin Capsules: A Cure for hundreds of Lab. Headaches.
Material: biodegradable, non-toxic, natural origin (protein), few inorganic impurities, FDA approved
Solubility: soluble in water and biological fluids
Appearance: clear, transparent for easy inspection of contents, allows light (including UV) to pass through.Opaque colors block light.
Temperature Stability: may be cooled to 5K and thawed to 298K.
Combustion: low heat of combustion
Laboratory & Industrial Applications:
The examples below are only a few of the variety of uses for capsules in laboratories like yours.
1. Mini-Shells in Gelatin Capsules, W. Faber, Vita Marina, 1979-2 Collectietechriek 82
2. Storing Insect Specimens in Gelatin Capsules, Hamilton K.G.A., 1983, Syllogeus No. 44:89-91
3. Brooklyn Museum, Virginia Museum of Natural History
4. CircleGrow, Bio 101, Vista, CA.
5. Polyseed BOD Seed Inoculum, Polybac, Bethlehem, PA.
6. phHydrion Buffer, Microessentials Laboratory, Brooklyn, NY.
7. Free Chlorine Test, Hawk Creek Laboratory, PA
8. Chemical Analyses, Calcium Carbonate, USDA Soil Conservation Dept., Lincoln, NE.
9. Various Corporate Test Laboratories
10. Coulometric TCO2 Analyses For Marine Studies An Introduction, Marine Chemistry, 16 (1985) 61-82.
11.Gelatin Encapsulation of methylisothiocyanate for control of wood decay fungi, Zahora & Corden, Forest Products Journal, Vol 35, No. 7, pg 64-69. Other publications: OSU Forest Research Laboratory.
12. Commercial Product, Bo-Biotrol, Winton, CA.
13. Biocaps 2.5, Tainio Technology & Techniques, Cheney, WA.
14. Experimental Heterotopic Bone Formation Induced by Bone Morphogenetic Protein & Recombinant Human Interlukin-1B, Clinical Orthopedics, December 1988, Vol. 237, p 236-244.
15. Commercial Product, Parr Instrument Co., Moline, IL
16. University & Industrial Application
17. Industrial Application.
18. Principles & Techniques of Electron Microscopy.
19. A Flat Embedding Method for LR White and LR Gold Resins, L. G. Komuves, TSEMI, Vol. 23:2, 1992.
Continue Quick Tour: Click Here
We ship worldwide via courier (DHL, Fedex, UPS). Contact us for shipping charges. Pay in US$ or €.
Capsules, Fillers, Mixers & Molds. www.torpac.com & www.profiller.com